We had a go at fluid art after watching a free course on Udemy. We followed the starter tutorial using paint, PVA and silicone lubricant.
The results were not great and not sure what went wrong or if it was something about the materials we used. Will look into a bit more and watch some videos on YouTube and give it another go.
This was a project for Jack’s Art Award Bronze so it’s a shame it didn’t work out better. Though if he decides to carry on working with the technique he can write about how he experimented and researched to improve.
A visit Cornwall poster to start off our Mousehole Cat book study.
We found some different plants in the garden. We had some snow so it marmt really practical to go for a mature walk this week. We Google searched one plant, which turned out to be Irish ivy, make some leaf rubbings, silhouettes and sketches. We also have some ivy leaves in the flower press to be stuck in later.
I made these sausages using this recipehttps://joandsue.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/vegan-sausages.html?m=1 but subbed in cannellini beans. I’ve made them before and they seem to work with any beans. Also pressured cooked them this time. Rowan scoffed two as soon as he saw them 😂 Using the aquafaba to have a go at egg free meringues too. So far so good and they are in the oven now.
Fingers crossed they come out okay.
We had a go at making some chocolate. The first time the sugar didn’t dissolve and all sunk to the bottom. The chocolate was still good, just a bit crunchy. For the second attempt we used cocoa with no sugar added which made a nice, not to strong luv very rich chocolate. We added some rice Crispies for crunch. The chocolate lasted well in the fridge too. I’m sure we’ll be experimenting further and have plenty of coco butter left.