Today Rowan and I made these mini loaf cakes using homemade oat flour. We had to use regular sugar as that’s all we have but I reduced the amount (I often do with cakes and they still bake and taste fine).
They were lovely, springy and moist ❤ definitely a hit and will make them again. The texture was really nice and they didn’t have that grainy feel gluten free cakes often have. I may try the recipe as a large cake in future. We’re going to have the rest with custard tomorrow.
Dairy, gluten and egg free with sprinkles
Jack’s gluten, dairy and egg free iced doughnuts.
800g cauliflower, cut into florets
280ml vegan vegetable stock
115g of vegan cheese spread (grated hard cheese can also be used)
1 tsp mustard
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Freshly ground salt and black pepper
1 red onion, thinly sliced
120g cherry tomatoes, halved
1) Cook the cauliflower in boiling water until just cooked. This will take approximately 8-10 minutes.
2) Mix the cornflour with enough of the stock to make a paste.
3) Heat the remaining stock in a second pan. Add the cornflour paste and heat gently until the stock thickens.
4) Stir in the cheese into the stock and stir until melted. Now add the mustard and parsley. Season to taste and mix well.
5) Transfer the cauliflower into a heatproof dish. Pour over the sauce and mix gently until the cauliflower is coated.
6) Scatter the cherry tomato halves and sliced onions over the top of the cauliflower.
7) Grill for approximately 5 minutes, until bubbling and golden.